"ALL WATERS: Why are straight women always walking with their hands in the back pocket of their boyfriends’ jeans? Would I do that all the time too if I didn’t have to think about it? Alan and I hold hands in specific parts of the city and sometimes outside of those parts. But there is always a little ‘catch’; no matter how much I think the shame and fear is gone, there is always a little something in the back of my mind. I am almost embarrassed sometimes when we are holding hands, and that fucking infuriates me. I can’t even imagine that hesitation ever going away, and that makes me very sad."
Matador Records | Perfume Genius Biography
Mike Hadreas’ song-by-song explanations of each song on the new Perfume Genius record are amazing and incredibly thoughtful. This may be the best bio I have ever encountered, actually.
This post has 26 notes.
- cxianet likes this
- tomasslaninka likes this
- allthisrunningaround likes this
- intheplacewhereishouldbe reblogged this from perpetua
- intheplacewhereishouldbe likes this
- nervousacid likes this
- katiechow reblogged this from perpetua
- yourloudupstairsneighbor reblogged this from perpetua
- yourloudupstairsneighbor likes this
- persistentafterimage likes this
- softcommunication likes this
- cdienel likes this
- matthewgallaway likes this
- dagnabbott likes this
- tenwords reblogged this from perpetua
- hughbot likes this
- tenwords likes this
- wurscht reblogged this from perpetua
- wurscht likes this
- minimoonstar said: I would be really self-conscious to stick my hand in a bf’s back pocket in public, and I’m a woman.
- grouppttherapy likes this
- hyenabutter likes this
- theremixbaby likes this
- jamiesoncox likes this
- perpetua posted this